Saturday, August 23, 2008

Hey Y'all!!!!

It's been a little over a week, and I've been out of town as I previously posted, I had to do some research on where I'll be moving to and attending school before I get out of the Army, and Texas is where I was before I joined, SO I thought I'd go back there and reap the benefits of joining from that state. (Free School!!!)

I went to San Antonio and Dallas and checked out some apartments and campuses and I was REALLY impressed with UTSA's campus, let me tell you!!! They had pretty much all brand new facilities, an outdoor pool with all the trimmings like the backboard and hoops, plenty palm trees with the lights strung through, I mean, just a gorgeous, social-enhancing place-to-be right there on campus!! There's a Starbucks on campus, a bunch of other restaurants... you can get personal trainers because there's a lot of Kinesiology majors there.... I'm getting bigger and bigger on working out, staying healthy and fit, so this was looking like heaven to me!!!

The only thing I was NOT impressed with is the actual city. Now again, I used to live in San Antonio, and consider it home, but I was more impressionable back when so I had to go back and check it out as a grown woman.... it really isn't the place where I want to be because it doesn't have enough variety, the mexican flavor is cool, but I don't like being overwhelmed with it, probably why i don't like Florida either, the whole island thing is all looking blended to me now.... BUT on the flip side, San Antonio has a moderate tempo, the military and medical fields are BOOMIN'out there, it's comfortable to me being that I know the area and people there already, the cost of living is low.... I'm thinking, maybe this is the better place to go INITIALLY to get FOCUSED.

I'm not going to go into detail on Dallas as much, I checked out UTD and UNTD, but none of the campuses had me hooked like UTSA. Even though they fare a bit better than UTSA in academic ranking... but the traffic and gray skies tend to turn me off... I'm a sunshine girl now!!


I had to be honest with myself, big cities and I don't mix too well when it's time to handle business. I need space and quiet for that. I went to college in Atlanta and I definitely had one too many distractions going on!! Not to say that I haven't grown immensely since then!! Right now I feel like you can put me right in the middle of Times Square and I could still have my face deep inside of a book, concentrating..... ok, maybe not that air tight yet, lol!!

But this is my ambition, I need to really lift my grades and I don't want to work for at least a year so that it'll be that much easier for me to focus.... you guys this is a dream come true for me, really! This new GI Bill is the BOMB! I'm actually soooo glad that I joined the military now, no expensive ass college loans for me to be paying back!!!

I always wanted to go to a big university but I had too many problems going on around me to stay focused on that path. I got lazy, and into boys and just totally off track after my freshman year in high school... so this is my opportunity to redeem that dream and just enjoy it to the fullest!


I can't help but think though... I'll be 28 going in a a senior in college... I wonder if the majority of my classmates will be young as hell... Yeah.


Oh well. I'm doing it anyway, and ya girl is blessed enough to not look a day over 23, you better believe it!!! Ttyl.

No comments: