Saturday, July 26, 2008

Re-Discovering the Goddess Within...

Hello Ladies! I thought I'd cover a topic that was my inspiration for starting a blog in the first place... to help myself and all my other sisters out there re-discover the goddess within!

Most of us spend so much time worrying and struggling with day to day activities that we don't spend enough time nurturing what actually sustains us! I'm talking about those gut feelings, that woman's intuition that we all too often ignore...

I believe (and this has worked for me personally or else I wouldn't be sharing this) that the "ME" time... taking space to either pray, meditate, stretch, read, enjoy a hobby, or whatever it is that makes YOU happy, while listening to soothing music with no words, or even just plain peace and quiet.... can help your physical align with that mental and emotional being that is within us!

Now it's been a loooong and continuous process for me, I've been through quite a few ups and downs, especially within the past 5 years that have ultimately given me the opportunity to have a new perspective on life and grow... Obviously I'm being positive by taking the lemons I was dealt and making lemonade, but I had to learn lesson after lesson and what I did was I went over what actually made me happy...

I've always been a strong-willed person and a leader so I stopped spending so much time trying to be trendy, blowing my little paychecks and doing other things I enjoyed that weren't beneficial to me at all..

I never put half that effort into things that would help me to become a better woman.

So I started using my brain and my heart, and listening to the things that were in abundance inside of me. The voice that is with you all the time and that carry you up and over and through whenever and wherever you are!

My message to you is to get to know what it's about and make sure it's in step with what you want to unfold on the outside; that which you can't choose but have to learn to appreciate and love...

The activities I mentioned above during my "ME" time all help me to get in tune. I make sure that I take time out for them everyday in some small or large way. And I just want to strongly encourage you all to try and get there with me... Peace and Blessings.

So please join me on this quest by adding what it is that you do to get closer to your inner goddess!!

No comments: