Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Family...... We Can't Choose 'Em Unfortunately...

Everyone I know has some skeletons in the closet, just embarrassing and shameful secrets associated with their family members or themselves... Without disclosing any personal information, I'm just going to say that in my family, just because you're related, it doesn't mean that you'll be treated as such.... I think that the perpetrator will do something to you because they know they can get away with more since you're related... it's a sad situation.

But there have been instances where that didn't matter too much other. Teeth have been knocked out, guns have been put to heads, lives threatened... cousins have came to other cousins houses and jumped each others families.... my family is WILD.

Needless to say, I wasn't brought up in a close-knit family unit.... but I definitely plan on creating one of my own when the time comes... I try not to get upset when things happen that make us grow farther apart.... because it's not like we aren't already...

I haven't been home in over a year and I don't want to go home for another one, at the least! But what can you do except pray about it? I've been invited to bible study on Wednesday... I think I'm going to go...

No comments: